5 Reasons Why I Usually Prefer Single-Player Games Over Multiplayer

written by Kaden, AKA the Neutron Star

1. Single-player games usually have more control. Most of the time when I play a split-screen game I will have limited vision because of the split-screen. But if I played on my own I wouldn't get limited vision. Also, in games like Spelunky where you are a team and one person carries the vision, if he is a person who likes to go fast, then he will run away with the screen and you will die. 

2. Now this is probably a reason that only I have but I have been playing on the keyboard for most of my life. I do not like the controller and I pretty much only do it when I'm forced to. One time one of my keyboards broke and I found out how to move using my mouse and controller on some games. It wasn’t very easy, but I got the hang of it. Now just the fact that most multiplayer games need to be played with a controller, just thinking about it makes me angry,

3. Most multiplayer games are unbalanced. In some games, the good guys have more life or more strength and it's unfair to the bad guys. I don’t like it when it is this way because I hate to think that the game is biased against the guys that it doesn't even care about. That is another thing about single-player games. It makes the bots stronger because they are usually worse at the game. Either that or they give the bots a huge amount of allies.

4. Single-player games usually have a better story. I don’t know why it is that way but with all of the multiplayer games, they have more to do than story and cutscene. A game that can compete with this though is called Nine Parchments. It's a wizard/witch game where you... Well, no spoilers. Anyway, it's a good game with a really good story, especially compared to some other games.

5. This one is a bit more just me and my opinion, but I have good memories from single-player games. Also, if you have read all of this to this point, good job. I appreciate it so here is a bonus reason.

6. Around 0.1% of the multiplayer games have puzzles; it's all just skill in those games. But in one of my favorite game series of all time, Ori And The Blind Forest and Ori And The Will Of The Wisps, they all have the right amount of puzzle, skill, and fighting that keeps me entertained. I do like this series and if you have not even seen it, I feel extremely bad for you. I recommend checking it out. 

Thank you for reading this and I hope that I am not alone in this. I would appreciate it if some others would tell me if they have this opinion too.


Comments

  1. I've never played any of them, but you make a good argument!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts